On Sunday, March 17th, 2019, we launched an upgraded version of our service and website.
Summary Of Changes
Here is a summary of the changes that were made:
- The existing website that was located at www.socialoomph.com changed its domain name to legacy.socialoomph.com.
Users with active subscriptions (paid accounts) can continue to log in and use the old (legacy) website until they cancel and terminate their subscriptions.
New accounts registrations and upgrades are disabled at legacy.socialoomph.com. In other words, free accounts cannot be upgraded, and when a paid subscription terminates it cannot be renewed in the legacy service.
- We added several new social networks to the upgraded service. In total the upgraded service supports thirteen social platforms.
- We narrowed the focus of SocialOomph to only the scheduling and publishing of social posts and blog posts.
- To use the upgraded service, you will need to register a new account at http://www.socialoomph.com.
- We added team cooperation features, including review and approval of posts depending of the role of the team member.
- We added video uploads where appropriate, for example, Facebook pages and Twitter profiles.
- We introduced a new pricing structure with more tiers and expansion options.
- There is a new affiliate system, which means existing affiliates will need to again register as an affiliate and use a completely different affiliate link. Existing affiliate links will not work with the upgraded version of the service.
Does the upgraded service have a free trial?
Yes, the upgraded service has a 30-day free trial.
Does the upgraded service have a free account option?
Yes, there is a basic free account in the upgraded version.
Can I transfer my existing user account to the new version?
We don’t offer the transfer of the entire user account from the old version to the new version as an option. The differences in technical configuration and business rules between the two versions prohibit that. However, you can download your posts in the old version and then bulk upload them in the new version.
I have a free account in the legacy version. Can I continue to use it?
You will be able to use your legacy free account only for 30 days following the upgrade on March 17th. Meaning, on April 17th you will not be able to log in to the free user account in the legacy version of the service.
I have a paid account in the legacy version. How long will I be able to use it?
You will be able to use the paid account in the legacy version until your paid subscription terminates for whatever reason and your account is downgraded to a free account. Thereafter you will need to start using a new account in the upgraded version of the service.
With a legacy paid account, what is the recommended migration process?
Register a new account in the new version, activate the 30-day free trial, and try out the features to see if you want to completely migrate from the legacy version.
If you decide to migrate to the new version, download your updates in the legacy version, and upload them in the new version. Then cancel your subscription in the legacy version.
If you don’t want to migrate, do not cancel your subscription in the legacy version and just continue using your legacy account.
I used the free trial in the legacy service. Can I use the 30-day free trial of the upgraded service?
Yes, you will be able to use the 30-day free trial of the upgraded service.
Will you cancel my legacy subscription if I register an account in the new service and use it?
No, we will not cancel your subscription in the legacy version.
Will the users of the legacy version still be supported?
Yes, absolutely. They will receive exactly the same user support as users of the new service. No exceptions.
Can I use the same Facebook application credentials and Pinterest application credentials in the new version?
Yes, you do not need to create new Facebook or Pinterest applications. The same application credentials that you used in the legacy version can be used in the new version.
Can I use my existing affiliate link?
No, you will need to again register as an affiliate and use the new affiliate link. Please read the affiliate page.
Will I continue to receive my affiliate commission that is generated by transactions in the legacy version?
Yes, you will continue to receive affiliate commissions that accrue in the legacy version.
When will you close down the legacy version?
There is no specific time frame for closing down the legacy version. We will give you at least 90 days notice should we decide to close down the legacy version.
Where can I get more information?
Please send us a support request with your questions. We will be happy to help.